Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I tried to start my 02 660 non turbo, the starter made a load grinding noise. when I looked , the lower starter mounting braket bolt was broken off. Looking at it, the bolt was inserted from behind the aluminum ear, thru the lower bracket hole and secured with a locking nut. I removed the motor mount plate in order to get out the remaining peice of the bolt. I checked the aluminum ear and couldnt find any cracks or other damage. I also checked the starter , flywheel teeth and the starter drive and they appear to be ok. Does anyone know if this is an issue with these sleds? Its easy enough to replace the bolt but I thought I remembered hearing of an issue with an aluminum bracket or mounting area that was breaking. If this is an issue with these, is there anything that can be done or a recall or a modification? Also, I got onto a parts diagram and they are showing the bolt without a nut. Anyone who has run into this and can help me ? Thanks in advance

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hey MRB. I have two 2002 4 stroke tourings and haven't had any starter mounting problems and personally haven't heard of any but will keep my eyes and ears open. Good thing you caught it before there was any damage.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts