Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had the dreaded flywheel issue. Replaced the flywheel and stator as both were bad. Installed a new coil and cdi as well. Still no spark. Any ideas? This thing is giving me hell.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Is the battery 100% charged? Have you tried to start it with jumper cables from car battery?

I know on my cat the spark signal comes from a pick up coil that sits next to the stator. The coil tells the cdi when the piston is top dead center and sends a voltatge pulse to spark at the corret time. Have you checked this?

Is there power to the starter coil?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know the battery has a good charge. It cranks the engine over pretty dang fast. I changed the pick up coil when I changed the stator. The service manual I have is shoddy when it come to checking the ignition system. I know the coil itself is not getting power. I also checked all of my grounds and made sure the coil is grounded and everything checked out ok. There has to be something I am over looking. I checked the wiring and found nothing wrong. Could it be a safety switch or something. I am at a loss.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I know the battery has a good charge. It cranks the engine over pretty dang fast. I changed the pick up coil when I changed the stator. The service manual I have is shoddy when it come to checking the ignition system. I know the coil itself is not getting power. I also checked all of my grounds and made sure the coil is grounded and everything checked out ok. There has to be something I am over looking. I checked the wiring and found nothing wrong. Could it be a safety switch or something. I am at a loss.
Does the popo have a tilt sensor? Basically a kill switch that keep the vehicle from starting if the bike gets flipped. I know my cat has one near the tail light.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have dug through the wiring harness and wiring diagram and here is what I have found. There are 2 plugs on my CDI. One set goes to my brand new stator so no worries there. The second plug has 3 wires. One black which is ground and the wire is grounded. The other is a blue/White which goes to the coil. This wire gets no power as we speak even though it should. The other wire is an orange/white. Followed it up to the switch and found no issues. Found that the orange/white wire is the power wire for the cdi and does have power to it at the cdi. Sounds like my cdi is fried. What do you guys think?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts