Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you get that block flipped back on those overload springs ? I could not do it ! Can anyone help? I dunno

·
Registered
242 Posts
Check your tool box....you should have a tool/fixture that's shaped like a "U" with a hole to run your screwdriver thru. Place the overload spring tool on the block (you will see how it fits when your down there) and slowly turn the block down to release the overload. Careful as the overload spring has a lot of pressure on it when released.

JMY

P.S. You might want to tip your sled on it's side when doing this....it takes a lot of pressure off the spring!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Yeap I agree

I have a 1999 800 Pantera with overload springs. If you´re having problems flip it on it´s side(won´t be easy if it´s an 800) and check your toolbox there is supposed to be a special tool in there. I haven´t flipped it on for quite a bit so I´m not sure if it´s done by the screwdriver or the sparkplug key(and the screwdriver) but you´ll figure it out when you get around to it.

Good luck riding, you have any REAL snow?

Best Regards
Aristocat

·
Registered
161 Posts
Here is a little tip for the wise. Do not use the spark plug wrench and screw driver that is supplied with the kit on your snowmobile!!!!

You are much better off with a proper 3/8 driver ratchet, a short extension and a proper spark plug socket.

This will save you some scored knuckles!!!! Trust me.

I ride with my kids all the time so I am constantly engaging and disengaging the overload springs.

A proper socket, ratchet and extension is the ticket.

Ben

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (JMY @ Feb 2 2007, 01:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Check your tool box....you should have a tool/fixture that's shaped like a "U" with a hole to run your screwdriver thru. Place the overload spring tool on the block (you will see how it fits when your down there) and slowly turn the block down to release the overload. Careful as the overload spring has a lot of pressure on it when released.

JMY

P.S. You might want to tip your sled on it's side when doing this....it takes a lot of pressure off the spring![/b]
I'm trying to engage the overload spring, I've tryed putting the screw driver bit through the hole in part but there is no way I can flip it over. I'm looking at the owners manual and itsays something about a spring block tool, spark plug socket and screwdriver. I guess I'm not doing it right I'll look for that "U" shaped tool and give it another try. Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
161 Posts
If you value your knuckles do not use the tools in the kit. They do not provide you with the control or the leverage you need to do this properly.

Use a proper 3/8 driver ratchet, extension (to get you away from the slide rails) and spark plug socket. This set up will give you more mechanical advantage and better overall control (and thats whether you are engaging or disengaging the overload blocks).

You can use the same tools to adjust your coil spring blocks as well.

Ben

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.