Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

On another thread I asked about viewing a service manual to help solve this issue. I’m posting here in case someone has some ideas for me. My 2002 375 has a red temperature light on the dash panel. It comes on, and stays on all the time. (Even in the dead of winter) I have never heard the cooling fan come on. I’m thinking the temperature sensor activates the fan, but I’m not sure what activates the dash light. Any ideas?

Any other tips for this model? I think is was only made about a year. Not as much information out there as other versions. Owners manual is very generic, even states oil can be SG 10-40, but I’m thinking it needs wet clutch 10-40......

Thanks

·
Administrator
35,415 Posts
There are two sending units on the front of the engine. One controls fan operation , one controls the dash light

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. I tried disconnecting both sending units, individually, and both disconnected at the same time, and the light still stays on. I also tried using a jumper wire in each connection to the sending units, and the fan did not come on. Baffling to me.

Appreciate your advice.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you. I’ll start hunting fo a short. Previous owner removed the original hi/low headlights because the headlamps were not working. To save money he installed LED lights. I wonder if this is related, since on the wiring diagram, it looks like the sensors share a ground with the headlights. Thanks for help!

·
Administrator
35,415 Posts
Did you solve the issue?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sadly no, I haven’t been able to figure it out. Still working on it and won’t give up! It’s too good a machine to not figure out how to correct this. I appreciate all the tips and advice, and will keep at it.

Thank you

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
3 Participants
Ridgerunner27
Arctic Cat Forum
Arctic Cat forum is a community to discuss Arctic Cat 400, 440, 500, 650, snowmobiles, sleds, ATV's and more. Join the fun!
Full Forum Listing