Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, this is my first post on the site. I recently picked up a 2002 500 4x4 automatic with the solid rear axle. I got it for cheap but it needs a good amount of work. One of the big things I am trying to fix is the suspension. The front shocks are blown, the rears are alright but Id still like to replace them. All 4 shocks have spent bushings as well, so I'm looking to buy a set of 4 new shocks/bushings. I usually work on a beat up quad every few weeks and bring them back to life to sell, so I have done suspension changes pretty frequently. The thing that's throwing me for a loop on this atv is the lack of availability on the shocks. I have tried RMATV, countrycat, babbits, partzilla, even ebay to no avail on finding shocks for this machine. That's what brings me to this site, does anyone know what other atv shocks will fit? I was reading about a promising lead on using 2001-2004 Honda rubicon shocks bu that was for a AC 650H1, not sure about the compatibility there. Is my only option to pull off the blown shocks, measure and then order a set and hope they fit? Worried about length eye to ere, bushing width and diameter, and overall shock width and spring rates etc. If anyone has any leads on information it would be much appreciated. Thank you.

·
Registered
12,620 Posts
Try Bronco shocks. Website has shock dimension chart to compare to yours.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts