Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok well I have a T cat 1000 2002. Im in need of a new track, sliders, sprockets, and kinda a tunnle. My friend has a 1998 T cat thats blown and just for parts. He would sell it to me for 300$. I was wondering if I would be able to take those parts and put it on my T cat? Thanks

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (racer4713 @ Nov 16 2009, 04:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Ok well I have a T cat 1000 2002. Im in need of a new track, sliders, sprockets, and kinda a tunnle. My friend has a 1998 T cat thats blown and just for parts. He would sell it to me for 300$. I was wondering if I would be able to take those parts and put it on my T cat? Thanks[/b]
Even if its not, buy it for that price. You can sell the skid, front susp, hood, seat, blown motor, ect. ect. for well over 300 bucks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (speedyone @ Nov 16 2009, 06:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
PM'ed you![/b]
Ok well I would normaly buy such a deal but right now im heading out to alberta in 6 days. And im trying to save as much money as I can... Then I need them parts asap so I can bring my sled and my sled only (+luggage n stuff). The sled is a t cat frame, track etc.. But its a 800zrt tripple engine.. The engine im not sure what is worng with it but I was hoping it was somthing resonably bad hehe..

Any who im pretty sure im going 2 buy it either way. Ill make a list of every thing on it and ill let every one know. Who knows I just might rebuild the engine.. Finally, one thing that you guys must know is that im from canada. But I dont minde shipping to the states as long as im not loosing money.

Any who im still wondering what is compatible? Ill post pics as soone as I get em (probably tmr)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok here is the news, its a 1998 t cat 800 zrt engine...

Tunnle is good, track is good 200n somthing studs, undercarige is good, front rad is slightly eaten but I would use that for the 136 conversion if I do it. Then it comes with stingers and a full set of pipes. The engine is pretty toast. He said it was the top end that blew and its pretty obvious looking at it. I did not see the pistons so idk if the skirt craked and wreked other stuff in the low end. Any who, all 3 cylinders are scuffed up, I took a quick look at the crank, and the conecting rods have no play, I also did not notice any end play in the primary clutch. Talking about the clutch, its still good appart from the secondary wich has been outside unlike the engine ( secondary is rusted). Also he told me that the top of the a couple pistons hit the head... Well thats what I understood. He did not realy explain things to clearly. Any who, that would tell me that there is a blown crank bearing. It also comes with carbs etc... And the hood has no cracks or any thing apart from obvious signs of some one who took off a couple stickers..

Now the only thing that is missing is the ski's and the handlebars. For every thing the guy wants 250$.

If any one is interested in any thing dont be shy. And what do you all think? Thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts