Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 800 mod that runs high exhaust temps(1220-1250) midrange crusing at trail speeds.temps will come down if i let off or go wide open for a second . it has a d&d pipe and can and a intake mod . it runs great but im looking to richen the fuel just to help the motor deal with the heat.
I was told that the MC ecu runs alot of timing causing the heat and that changing over to a ZR ecu will help. but I never heard that before and I am skeptical.has anyone heard that before?? if not I know there is alot of zr/mc 800 out there still going strong any idea's?? raise fuel pressure alittle?? and if so what is the best way to raise the rail pressure, restrictor in the return line??

hopefully someone has run into this before....... bang your head
thanks in advance

·
Registered
160 Posts
it would be cheaper to get an aftermarket fuel controller than a ZR ecu. You will probably want the extra timing on the topend that the mountain cat ecu has. I am not sure if the 1M fuel pump has the same regulator as the M series and the firecats do. If it does you could add 2 lbs of fuel pressure to get your temps down. Call Cutler Performance Center or Bikeman and see if their adjustable fuel pressure regulators will work on that fuel pump. Otherwise you should pony up and get a fuel controller (boondocker, purelogic, etc...)

·
Premium Member
2,954 Posts
bmp fuel regulator, it'll give you more all around, but you'll be safe. I run a fuel reg instead of a box, I hate those things!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
02 do not have a fuel pressure reg at the end of the rail, they must reg fuel pressure inline before the rail. thats what i'm looking into now .. but thanks.. :thumbsup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts