Arctic Cat Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Mine does also have that bracket under the mounting hole, there isn't one in the front tho, just the factory one.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
do you recall if it was mounted there? if so thats the wrong location and thats your culprit. it shouldn't be on the one under the running boards.

·
Registered
67 Posts
No, they were mounted up in the tunnel, 100% sure about that.

okay. if it was mounted there all the skid weight would be on the rear of the sled which would cause that. happened to me. Make sure your springs are all good to go first, definitely start there. look for the correct spring for your weight. then Id check your limiter straps as if they are too tight, the front of the skid won't be touching the ground and more weight on the rear most springs. Check your front shock spring pressure, as if the spring is too loose the front skid won't have much pressure on the ground, causing the symptoms you have. just make sure everything is in stock position.

you've probably been told all that before but I didn't read up much lol. Cheers and happy thanksgiving.

-Matt

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Well it was a good thing I decided to replace all the plastic wear parts and bearings. 2 bearings were good, the rest were on a short clock, a few very rusty. One of the plastic nose pieces was almost worn through on one side, and one of the slides had s thin spot, was not evenly worn. The skid frame itself is in great shape. All the hardware came off without issue, just waiting on shocks then it's going back in.
20191201_145740.jpg

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
So got the skid installed, and something is definitely wrong. The skid/ rack is sitting on the tunnel. Gave up for tonight. I'll be back into it tomorrow.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Ok, so I think the issue was still the TSLs

I put them on forward because that was how they lined up with the holes. Looking at the pic above and others, they need to be up and angled.

Sounds like I need to unload the springs and/or compress the skid to get the rear holes lined up.

·
Registered
9,570 Posts
Hindsight will tell you to mark the TSL where it goes on the shaft. When I install a skid I put front bolts in loose then tighten track until rear arm lines up with holes. I will have a floor jack under track with back of sled hanging from ceiling. Install rear bolts and tighten all to specs. Adjust track as needed. It’s so simple.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Figured it out. Moved the TSLs to the correct position first. Had to unload the springs and use a ratchet strap to get the holes lined up. But it appears to be working now. Took it around the yard a few times and it feels good, everything looks good, felt great. Thing pulls like crazy.
20191208_110430.jpg
20191208_110437.jpg
20191208_110450.jpg

·
Registered
9,570 Posts
So did I but bolts were just put in from the top and not the bottom. Good to hear you got it (y)

·
Registered
179 Posts
I weight 190 + gear and I put 194 195 bearcat springs on my 98 zrt aglt 600. I have it on softest setting and its still stiff. But I only rode it 600 km last year...

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
I weight 190 + gear and I put 194 195 bearcat springs on my 98 zrt aglt 600. I have it on softest setting and its still stiff. But I only rode it 600 km last year...
Im over 300 geared up, that's why I needed super stiff suspension. I may play with it a little more to help the steering, but I need snow first, was running it with just a couple inches in the field and felt great, however steering seemed a bit harder. Of course the suspension isn't sacked out anymore.

I'm probably going to pull and clean the carbs this weekend for good measure, I think I have a dirty/plugged low speed jet, and it idles a little rough and one side runs cool at idle. Compression is good, identical actually.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts