Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am trying to remove the power valves on a 2001 ZR 800. I’ve got the 4 outer bolts removed as well as the 2 inner Allen bolts, yet the valves still won’t pull out...am I missing something?

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Like twatermelon said , grab them and wiggle while pulling on them. I use a heat gun to heat the cases up to losses all the stuff that gets them stuck in there. Most of the time it works .
800 and 900 valve plus valve shim kit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk FastCat123$&.6doozr9000

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys, I’ve gotten one of them, the other is being very stubborn! Also, any suggestions on removing the cylinders from the base after all the nuts and bolts have been removed? I’ve oiled the stud bolts, not exactly sure where the best spot to try and pry from is. I believe this sled must have spent its entire life out in the weather!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok guys, I have tried everything I can find both on this forum and elsewhere to remove the cylinders from this engine to include suspending the front of the sled from the rafters and still can’t get them to budge!! Can anyone help?

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Nothing good comes from prying a cylinder. Tap/hit it from side-to-side and front-to-back with a dead-blow hammer and some Kroil on the bolts until the rust on the cylinder studs and dowels let go of the cylinder. Don't get wild with the hammer.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Hugh, been doing this for awhile now with no luck. Put the kroil to it again today. I’ve honestly never encountered anything like this!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts