Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
The only safe fix it a new tank/seat base. The larger gas opening was a nice change when filling up at the pump. The downside is some guys think cranking on the larger cap like a gorilla is required. A little dielectric grease on the gasket, turn the cap down to it and go an extra 1/4 turn and leave it alone.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Time for a new one. Nothing worse than gas all over your bibs. My brother inlaw picked up a used one a Haydays for $80 with the seat.

·
Registered
216 Posts
There is a guy here in my town, who parts sleds out, that showed me his fix for that. He cut a soup can that fit in the neck, kind of like a sleeve in the neck. I saw it, and he says it works. it was on his personal sled. He deals ALOT of zr800 parts, so if you want his number, PM me and I will give it to you.

·
Registered
63 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (mikeszr800 @ Nov 9 2009, 06:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
There is a guy here in my town, who parts sleds out, that showed me his fix for that. He cut a soup can that fit in the neck, kind of like a sleeve in the neck. I saw it, and he says it works. it was on his personal sled. He deals ALOT of zr800 parts, so if you want his number, PM me and I will give it to you.[/b]
Chicken Noodle or Cream of Mushroom?

·
Premium Member
2,057 Posts
Tomato silly....... :moon:

·
Registered
727 Posts
Call around and find someone with a plastic welder. I had mine done last year and so far so good. The crack happens just below the thread at a molding line in the plastic.

BP

·
Registered
216 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (zee ell @ Nov 10 2009, 10:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (mikeszr800 @ Nov 9 2009, 06:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There is a guy here in my town, who parts sleds out, that showed me his fix for that. He cut a soup can that fit in the neck, kind of like a sleeve in the neck. I saw it, and he says it works. it was on his personal sled. He deals ALOT of zr800 parts, so if you want his number, PM me and I will give it to you.[/b]
Chicken Noodle or Cream of Mushroom?
[/b][/quote]
I believe it was chicken noodle!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts