Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Arctic Cat ZL800ESR
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I've got a 2001 ZL800ESR 800 Suzuki motor. Going up with the track to a 144 from 121. Ordered a whole kit from tracksusa.com. with all that being said. I'm very mechanical. Worked on cars bikes and I do hvac, etc etc.... NEVER done anything with a snowmobile before this. Fixed the speedo cable. Changed the chaincase oil and adjusted reverse tie rod. And a couple other stupid things. I had the chaincase apart obviously and I not afraid to do the rest. I just need to know what gears are stock? And what gears I should go with for the track upgrade? How do I know if my chain is an 11flats or 13 flats? Might be asking stupid questions but I need info please! I know the new track is going to be more drag and I need to regear! If not what do I do!? Thanks in advance guys.

·
Banned
7 Posts
Ok, I've got a 2001 ZL800ESR 800 Suzuki motor. Going up with the track to a 144 from 121. Ordered a whole kit from tracksusa.com. with all that being said. I'm very mechanical. Worked on cars bikes and I do hvac, etc etc.... NEVER done anything with a snowmobile before this. Fixed the speedo cable. Changed the chaincase oil and adjusted reverse tie rod. And a couple other stupid things. I had the chaincase apart obviously and I not afraid to do the rest. I just need to know what gears are stock? And what gears I should go with for the track upgrade? How do I know if my chain is an 11flats or 13 flats? Might be asking stupid questions but I need info please! I know the new track is going to be more drag and I need to regear! If not what do I do!? Thanks in advance guys.

·
Registered
10,332 Posts
Gearing should of been 24/39 72 pitch chain 13 wide. Personally I would try what you have and see how it is, if its doggy, you can go down 1 tooth on the top sprocket. Those engines where torquey and should pull that as long as the track is not overly tight. To see what chain you have simply count the number of pleats on the chain going across. It should count 13. To see what the chain is, count the pins, (same as pitch) to see if its a 72. You can look up stock info. through this link: Alpha Sports - Arctic Cat Snowmobile Catalog

·
Premium Member
3,397 Posts
depending , on trail?
or off trail?
how tall lugs for longer track?
studs?
i suggest running the graphite hyfax, it helped us with the long tracks on the trail and ice scratchers as we have 2 inch lugs.

·
Registered
2001 Arctic Cat ZL800ESR
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
depending , on trail?
or off trail?
how tall lugs for longer track?
studs?
i suggest running the graphite hyfax, it helped us with the long tracks on the trail and ice scratchers as we have 2 inch lugs.
Mostly on trail. 1.25 lugs. No studs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts