Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have a 2001 z440 sno-pro, I am going to run this machine in a cross country race in a couple months and wanted to know what can be done to make this machine go a bit faster. It is not the cross country version and I still don't know the difference as far as the timing, I read in another form that the cross country and the sno-cross versions have different timing programed between the two, is that true? and what can be done to have that changed? Also, if anyone have any ideas on the clutching and gearing to start from.

Thanks, AK-KID

·
Registered
174 Posts
No they don't make a z440 cross country, just the basic z440 and the sno pro version, to my knowledge, brownsliesureworld.com doesn't show one eith. But you can run race gas in that sled with the adjustable timing box you have, with different jet sizes and the correct timing you can run 110race gas. For a cross country setup you might want to maybe see what Fett Bro's offer for that, I know they use to or still race these sleds. As for the pipe from Speedwerx, i've never found one or heard of one for these sleds yet, I didn't see one on the speedwerx site but if they do make one, I myself would like to know about it. But for mods you might want to put in UFO's for a carb kit, a tempa-flow for correct jetting, gut the airbox. They're little things but its the little things that add up in the end. :beer_cheers:

·
Registered
361 Posts
the diffrence between the 01 sno pro and the cross country is shock valving, front rear shock adjuster is by the bars on the cc, sp comes with 5.44 riser,cc comes with a 4.44, track lug is a bit smaller on the cc, i have never herd that the timming being diff, different but the cc does rev higher. dont know y but in the specs it says it does. the cc comes with cat skies instead of C&A. i am pretty sure that is it for differances.

cant use ufos because they are flat side carbs. if i am thinking of what ufos are. tempa flow is just to get around from jetting all of the time, so its only usefull if u ride in diff temps and alts all of the time.

the air box is pretty empty beside a couple of peices of foam that keep depree out.

black magic has twin pipes for it. and u can get titanium clutch springs from speedwerx.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts