Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up a 01 auto the other day. I can tell the belt is slipping just from lack of power. Popped the cover and found that a new belt had been put on. The faces that move and drive the belt are glass smooth and have a pretty bad ridge in them towards the top. The clutches themselves dont have bushing play or slop in them. I am an auto mechanic, but this stuff is all new to me. What do i need to do?

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
1st, download yourself a service manual from countrycat.com, they are under the technical section at the bottom of the home page
2nd, find out if it's the correct belt. If it is, clean it with dish detergent.
3rd, clean the clutch faces (both primary and secondary) with brake cleaner and a scouring pad.

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
The faces should be smooth.

·
Administrator
42,080 Posts
They all get grooves with wear. X2 check belt thickness with a caliper and compare to factory spec.

·
Registered
13,918 Posts
Can't find Cat specs but found Dayco specs for width of 1.4" and length at 36.875"

·
Registered
13,918 Posts
I couldn’t find anything for minimums

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Your best bet is to find a service manual for your machine. They usually answer most of your questions. Google is a great help as well as doing a search in here. Calling Artic Cat should produce results.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.