Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellows;
My Arctic cat 300 4x4 won't start. It cranks fine; but won't start. It's a new battery and a dealership rebuilt the carburator, new spark plug, oil change, and also replaced the starter. After I got it back from the dealership it ran fine but after a week or so it wouldn't start anymore.

I returned the machine to the dealership, they rebuilt the carb again and put a gas filter. I ran it for a couple hours but after a few days it wouldn't start, like it did previously. So I replaced the entire carburator still the atv cranks but won't start. If I put gas directly in the spark plug hole (sorry don't know what's it called) it starts just fine but stops after burning the little bit of gas I put in the hole.

I'm so frustrated; even the dealership doesn't want work on it anymore. Does anyone has/had the same problem or does anyone knows why the atv won't start?

Thank you in advance for your help!

·
Registered
135 Posts
That sucks man. Can't help you but I figured I'd give your post a bump. I'll be watching, sure I'll learn something. Good luck.

GC

·
Administrator
35,627 Posts
Clean or replace your fuel Petcock. Check to make sure the vent lines are clear and not pinched.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks but the petcock seems to work fine. The gas comes out of it; i don't think that the issue. I'm no mechanic but it seems to me that the issue is between the carb and the spark plug. I'll pull the petcock out to make sure it's clean; thanks again!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts