Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So on my brake calipers the bleeder valve is rusted in and cannot be removed. I need to bleed the brakes because of having to replace the oil reservoir, have to pump them now but at least it stops and is not spewing the brake oil every where.

What are you using for new calipers not finding the originals at a reasonable price, only price I found was $256.95 each on Babbitsonline.

Thanks for the insight!

Chuck

·
Registered
4,531 Posts
I was able to bleed them on my 2001 500, by slightly cracking open the brake line at the caliper and pumping the lever. Easier with 2 people.

·
Administrator
38,400 Posts
Clean it up with a wire brush then use penetrating oil for a day. Then heat it up with a propane torch. I’ve never had one that I couldn’t crack the bleeder screw.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Clean it up with a wire brush then use penetrating oil for a day. Then heat it up with a propane torch. I’ve never had one that I couldn’t crack the bleeder screw.
Any idea what size wrench it is? Hard to get one on it.

·
Administrator
38,400 Posts
It’s an odd size and don’t use a wrench use a deep socket. 7 mm maybe? I’ll check later tonight. Don’t use too much force or you will snap it off.

·
Administrator
38,400 Posts
I’ll have to check tomorrow sorry caliper isn’t here with me.

Reactions: cwolf204

·
Administrator
38,400 Posts
Ok so 1/4” deep socket fits perfect, if your calipers look like this style.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok so 1/4” deep socket fits perfect, if your calipers look like this style.
(I deleted the Pics)
Thanks for looking, I appreciate you taking the time to look for me.

Mine are different. I could not get the cylinders to move on the rear one so just ordered a complete set.

Got these coming today:

View attachment 366415

·
Administrator
38,400 Posts
What kind do you have?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts