Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 2000 zrt 600 i trail ride this sled but we do get on the lake and race some 660ft i am just sick of getting [email protected] kicked all over the place i have black magic pipes and a clutch kit and still get killed what kind of h.p should i have and what can i do to or where can i send it to get more. if someone has some parts i would be interested in buying them. but i do not want to go to a full race sled i still would like to trail ride some also what gears should i go to i have stock ones now buying a bigger sled is not an option.

·
Registered
256 Posts
well stock it should be bout' 120 hp. with pipes i would magine 125hp-130hp. idk that should go pretty good. do you have picks on the sled? that would improve your acceleration. what kind of sleds are you racing anyways?

·
Registered
166 Posts
Remember that ZRT has some weight to it, if your racing newer sleds they have a bit of advantage in the weight department. So race them at a 1000 ft and show them what for!! Rockerdude

·
Registered
187 Posts
I noticed you said you have the Black Magic triple pipes and a clutch kit, what rpm are you running under hard acceleration? If I'm not mistaken those pipes are tuned for 9300rpm, so if you're low on rpm's that could be part of the problem. And remember the stock Tach is usually reading a few hundred rpm's higher than the engine is actually running. 9300rpm on the tach might actually be only 9000rpm at the crankshaft. I also noticed you're running 192 1 1/2" studs which to me sounds like a little overkill for a 600, most people I see online are only running 96 or so. Between the deep lug track, and nearly 100 extra studs, you have a lot of extra rotating weight to try to get turning, that might be costing you quite a bit of acceleration. I've only had a chance to race a few other sleds with my 96 ZRT600 which is completely stock other than the deeper camoplast track, and from what I've seen, the twin cylinder sleds seem to initially get off the line a little quicker than I do (maybe by a sled length or two), but once I get onto the pipes, I reel them in pretty quick.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I always used 144 studs in all my 600 tripples and still do in my 2002.No hook up issues and good top end.I leave the 600 and 700 twins alone unless I am rolling .All my tripples were stock other than running 20/39 gearing and a different helix.Maybe a gear change is needed.

·
Registered
172 Posts
like cattman i run 144 on my zrt600 and i think it gets great hookup and it's on a stock track so it doesnt have all that much weight, but u could also bore and jet your motor to, unless u have already done that. and again the 192 studs and deeper lug track your running i personally think is over kill, like everyone else has said to you could probably go with different gears to...

·
Registered
309 Posts
7000 engagment seems high. what wieghts do you have?
did you do anything to your carbs?
i would drop studs down to 144 run track loose as you can tight track= drag
drop 1 gear on top and if you are running stock jetting drop it a size at a time and check plugs until it looks good stock jetting is always rich. i had a 97 600 bm clutch kit engaged at 5500 it would come out of the hole like a raped ape . good luck tunning

·
Registered
166 Posts
Try putting a 55/53 helix in, it woke my ZRT6 up in a hurry. Your enguagement is about 2k more than stock( give or take).

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I HAVE 49 GRAM NOTCHED WEIGHTS THAT IS WHAT THEY SENT IN THEIR KIT TO GO WITH THIER PIPES ALL IT DOES IS SPIN OFF THE LINE. I PUT MY STOCK WEIGHTS IN THE SLED TODAY THEY ARE 48.5 THE SLED DOESNT SPIN AS MUCH BUT IT DOESNT PULL AS HARD EITHER. ALSO WHEN IT SHIFTS OUT IT THE RPMS COME DOWN TO 8500 OUT OF THE RECOMMENDED 8900 STILL NEED HELP

·
Registered
215 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bigwilly1313 @ Jan 28 2007, 02:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I HAVE 49 GRAM NOTCHED WEIGHTS THAT IS WHAT THEY SENT IN THEIR KIT TO GO WITH THIER PIPES ALL IT DOES IS SPIN OFF THE LINE. I PUT MY STOCK WEIGHTS IN THE SLED TODAY THEY ARE 48.5 THE SLED DOESNT SPIN AS MUCH BUT IT DOESNT PULL AS HARD EITHER. ALSO WHEN IT SHIFTS OUT IT THE RPMS COME DOWN TO 8500 OUT OF THE RECOMMENDED 8900 STILL NEED HELP[/b]
what primary spring are you using? seems like what you need is lower engagement and higher peak rpms.
this can be achieved with a primary spring with lower innitial force and higher finish force.
try to get your engagement down to about 5K. that will greatly reduce spinning off the line.

49g seems very light for a sled with your power. that's what i always hated about bm with their clutching, they go with very light weights with most of their kits. if you can't get it right with a different primary spring i would scrap bm's kit and call goodwin or d&d. they can set you up with good clutching for bm's pipes.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts