Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello again every one. i just put new pistons in my 00 zrt 600 just wondering what is the proper brake in for a top end rebuild.

·
Registered
349 Posts
As per the Cat manual, mix fuel at 50:1 along with using the injection for the first 10-15 hours of operation. Vary throttle position frequently to a max of 3/4 throttle. Avoid prolonged usage at one steady speed. Avoid hard acceleration and heavy / wet snow conditions.
Check oil level in injection tank to ensure usage and keep it topped up. If you have removed any injection lines, make sure you bleed the system.
After 10-15 hours, discontinue the mixing of oil, although Cat suggests to add pre-mix if temps are below -26c ( -15f) or colder. If sled is to be used under extreme conditions, you may want to extend breakin a little longer. Change plugs once broken in.
Check all chassis and engine fasteners and check head bolts

Jeff

·
Registered
9,817 Posts
Add alittle oil to the fuel tank. Heat it up to operating temp. and let it cool down stone cold. Do this three times and your good to go. Been doing this on everything I have ever rebuilt.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thank you that sounds a lot better the other way would have taken me two years as i dont get to ride a great deal

1 - 5 of 5 Posts