Arctic Cat Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
10,225 Posts
After looking at the video closer, you have broken motor mounts. Check that out. That will change the belt deflection. Engine should never move that much!!!!!

·
Registered
10,225 Posts
Also check the area of #34. and also all motor mounts.

Attachments

·
Registered
425 Posts
What size main jets are in it? It can make those flats slides bog. Have you had the secondary apart? Almost sounds like the secondary cover was not twisted when the cover was re installed. Taking off in second gear. Take the secondary off and be sure the cover was twisted and then pushed down and the nuts put on the cover.
Can you do this without removing the complete secondary clutch? [It's stuck on the shaft].

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I can't get my secondary off. I do show it operating with the clutch covesr off in the videos above... seems like it is working, I can push/twist it inwards and it springs back.

·
Registered
10,225 Posts
The idle should be about 1500 rpms. You have motor mount i
Can you do this without removing the complete secondary clutch? [It's stuck on the shaft].
A little tough, be yes, you sure can.

·
Registered
10,225 Posts
I can't get my secondary off. I do show it operating with the clutch covesr off in the videos above... seems like it is working, I can push/twist it inwards and it springs back.
I'm thinking you have motor mount issues. See if you can move the engine around by hand with it off of coarse. Watch the video, that engine should never move that much. You have way too much belt deflection, (Loose belt) and when you mash the throttle the engine comes back farther, making things even worse. I bet it runs great once it gets going. Check all four mounts. Use a pry bar and see it the rubber has separated from the mount. It will be hard to see as it will break under the mount and bolt.

·
Registered
10,225 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
My motor mounts are good, I just replaced them all. HOwever, the snubber, item 28, is fuggin GONE. Lol. I ordered a new one. I'm wondering if just installing the snubber will solve everything, as the engine won't be allowed to rock rearwards towards the secondary, then maybe it'll take off easier.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts