Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I recently went from polaris and I just bought a 2000 ZR 440 Sno Pro with 1945 on the body and the motor was recently rebuilt. I've took it across my back yard and it acts sluggish. So I pulled the carbs and jets and i cleaned them. Could it be the reeds or a bad O-Ring?? Any info would be great info!!

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
what does your clutch look like are the weights all good what jets are in it mains and pilots what does the sled engage at what does it peak at. we need a bit more info on the sled to help

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The clutch it self is in great condition, the weights are all secured and all the same. It's an aftermarket clutch and it kicks in around 5 grand. The jets are 280's and are clean and set for 0 +30F. I took the head off today and found out that the top O-Rings didn't set right so I replaced them. And I found that the coolant gasket on the front is leeking. So I'll replace that then go to the reeds if it keeps acting up. I'm Also going to be putting Pod filters on it and changing the jets rather then having the giant air box.

·
Premium Member
4,337 Posts
You probably will find that the pod filters are not worth it. My sled had pods and trying to get the jetting right was a nightmare due to changing under hood temps. I put an airbox on and changed main jets one time. Now when the temp changes i just adjust the jet needle in the carb.

I also ended up getting better fuel milage with the airbox

Sent from somewhere in MN

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.