Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys I got a tricky one for you. I had a 2002 zr 600 (carb) that was perfect. Motor blew at 5,000 miles which is somewhat expected. I had a 2000 zr 600 motor (carb) that I had as a spare that I wanted to drop into the 02 chassis. So I put the 2000 motor into the 02 chassis along with the CDI, coil, and airbox. Kept the 02 carbs in it since they were off of a working sled. The sled starts and idles great, but would bog really bad at low range. Like it wouldn’t move unless I went full throttle. For ****s and giggles I swapped the 02 carbs with the 2000 carbs i had sitting aside. With those carbs on it will idle great as well, but you really gotta ease into the throttle for it to move. If you push the throttle too quick it’ll bog out and wanna die. So it seems to me like the two sets of carbs are exactly opposite. What should I do??? Both sets of carbs were cleaned And I am fairly certain that the clutching and drive system should all be fine since it ran great a year ago with the 02 motor in it. The only difference is the 2000 motor. The motor does have 120psi in each so the compression should be fine. I’ve also been testing it without the airbox on it and was wondering if that makes a difference (it’s just a pain to throw it on and off with every adjustment). Also what’s the 2000 stock carb set up? I’m really stuck here and want to get it running good to sell and upgrade. Thanks in advance and ask any questions you have!

·
Registered
103 Posts
What have you done with all the throttle safety switches TSS,TPS??? That may be your problem, there a pita, but will do just what your dealing with!! just a shot in the dark!! Good luck

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I intended on mentioning that I do have the tss disconnected with the kill switch as I thought that may have been an issue. Thanks tho

1 - 3 of 3 Posts