Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if a seat/tank assembly from an 02 (with the fuel guage built in) or newer ZR would fit my 2000 zr. I need a new seat cover and It seems you can buy a used seat and tank assemly cheaper as a unit than just buying the seat cover New.

Also I was wondering if the was something out there to widen the running boards on My ZR I tend to ride with my feet back alot and the boards on the 2000 zr are just to narrow.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Yes, an 02 tank/seat is a direct swap. Rox has running board treads to widen yours but in my opinion they are too expensive and kind of crappy with a piece of foam to space it up past the running board edge.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks LS1NOVA ,I figured the seat would be a direct swap but I wanted to be sure before I bought one.

I'll take a look @ the rox boards but I know where you're coming from.

·
Registered
695 Posts
the running boards is the only reason why i want to upgrade my 01

i wear boots about 2 sizes too big to adapt to different conditions and to allow my feet to "breathe" needless to say they fit in the front portion but not the rear

but they fit fine on the newer boards...

i have grippers on the edges to help when carving

·
Premium Member
2,057 Posts
I'd love to find a way to make my 99' boards wider too. My size 14 dogs don't fit anywhere but inside the footwells.

·
Registered
238 Posts
on my 99 im thinking about doing a tunnel swap from a newer sled, depending on how much i can pick one up for will be the deciding factor.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts