Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2000 ZR 600 EFI that was spitting randomly. I bypassed the throttle safety switch and that problem seemed to be cured. The sled was running good for about 50 miles them started shuting off. When it quits if you let it sit for about 20 seconds it will start back up and run good for about a half of mile or so then quit again. You can keep doing this same thing all day. I think it is losing fuel pressure. I was a few miles from home when it started doing this and it was quiting about every 1/4 mile. Then I learned if I only gave it enough throttle just to keep it moving it would run allot further. Is it possible that the fuel lines inside the tank could be sucking shut, making it quit, then opening up when it sits for a few seconds? Has anyone ever had this problem? Would the fuel pump be going bad? I noticed the clear fuel lines inside the tank looked like they were really swelled up to about twice the diameter they should be.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I had a 700 EFI Wildcat that would run for three miles, bog,starve for fuel then shut off. Start right back up and repeat.

It was the fuel pump , it would gradually lose pressure.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am thinking it is probably the fuel pump. I just hate to spend the money on one and have it turn out to be something else. Is there a good way to test the fuel pump? I do have a fuel pressure tester for automobiles.

·
Registered
721 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ymmit @ Feb 26 2007, 08:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I am thinking it is probably the fuel pump. I just hate to spend the money on one and have it turn out to be something else. Is there a good way to test the fuel pump? I do have a fuel pressure tester for automobiles.[/b]

that will work. just T it before the fuel rail, it should run around 37 psi.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If is shows around 37 lbs. then drops off and quits does that mean it is the fuel pump for sure or could whatever sends power to the pump or the smart valves be bad?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts