Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone looking for a little help as I’m new to snowmobiles in this forum. I have a 2000 ZL 600 EFI batteryless no reverse with a studded track. It has 2400mi. Fires right up first or second pull. Sounds great doesn’t smoke really. Took it out for the first time tonight did some laps in my yard and it does good. Question I have is if I open the throttle it takes off like a bat out of hell if I ease off the throttle It does good but if I let off the throttle the rpms come down very quickly and it stalls almost sounds like you shut the key off but if I let off the throttle and feather it a little To keep it from stalling for a secondit will stay running On its own and idle fine. When I got it the guy said he went to go use it last year and it wouldn’t start found out the fuel pump was bad and replaced it but could not get it to start when I got it it had about a gallon of gas in it I attempted to run the fuel pump off a battery and it did not pump I remove the pump put it in a bucket of gas and got it pump learning that the fuel lines had air in it and the check valves at the end of the pick ups won’t Suck fuel if there’s air in the system once the pump is submerged it will prime so put it all back together filled the tank and voilà it runs sorry to make it long and drawn out but just wanted to put out there what I did. Any ideas thanks Jeremy

1 - 1 of 1 Posts