Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my GF's old sled that my daughter has been riding. With just over 3000 miles on the odo it piled up the PTO crank bearing. There is only a single (and tiny) ball bearing on the PTO side that to my eyes looks pretty light duty considering a CVT is constantly beating away at it. I'd like to know if this is an issue with this engine and/or if there is a fix/upgrade to keep this from happening again? The sled uses tons of oil so I can't see that being an issue. I'm considering replacing the open bearing with a sealed one and filling the bearing with isoflex grease (ala Ski-Doo) if bearing oiling is the problem here.

Anyone?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gixxer @ Jan 22 2007, 07:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
No the right side is the PTO SIDE, short stub sticking out of the motor, where the clutch attaches too.[/b]
You're right. I'm not used to Cat fiche. Doo fiche always show the PTO side on the left. I'm in the process of tearing the engine down now. Looks like the bearing seized, then spun and moved outward pushing the PTO seal out of the case B4 locking solid. Good news is that it locked up B4 it could burn down. I'm hoping the case is salvageable... bang your head

1 - 5 of 5 Posts