Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all I'm new here and don't own a snowmobile.
Before I get lynched I should explain.
I am in the process of making myself a toy using the motor from a Daytona 1000 Tigershark jetski.
Since there seems to be nothing on the entire net about them but plenty on here about the snowmobile version I was hoping someone may be able to help me with some basics.

From what I can find the jetski and snowmobile share engines but since the ski puts out a lot less power there have to be differences. The only ones I can find from the net are pipes and (possibly) ignition timing map.
To me that sounds like very little to account for the ~60hp difference so if someone could confirm the differences or even just the stock specs of the snowmobile so I can cross check them against what mine has that would be great.

I would prefer to run it in a reasonable state of tune - not over the top but not lazy either and by the looks of it that means somewhere in the 180-200hp range which would be ideal for my project.

So if anyone has specs for ignition timing, carb size and jetting/settings, pipe specs, ideally port maps and compression plus anything else that would be brilliant. Also any helpful advice would go a long way. I'm not new to 2T's but I am new to these engines so any usual issues or hints/tips would be a big help.

Simon.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I just re-read the title and its unclear so its a 1000cc triple in a 1997/8 ski but should equate to the snowmobile upto around year 2000.
Or at least thats the most info I can find so far.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts