Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 148 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I guess its about time to start working on the sled before I have to rush! I picked up another 2000 TCat LE this summer and plan on doing a list of things to it. So far here's the list that I have started.
Install green belly panels
Powder coat front suspension
Install 136" Crossfire skid
Powdercoat skid and replace bearings in wheels
Install Tracks USA tunnel extension
Water pump rebuild
Deep clean the engine bay, motor is already out
Install Wahl bros anti ratchet cogs
Maybe swap seat/gas tank. I have a clean tank green seat off a mountain cat I may use.

If you guys can think of anything else I should do while its torn apart let me know. I'll get some pics posted up this weekend when I pull it out of storage.

·
Registered
10,028 Posts
Get yourself some anti stab wheels. See ZRT1200 on here. He had the best because the bearings are replaceable on the ones he uses.:needpics:

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh yeah the Iceage ones. I forgot to add that. I'll get pics!!!

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What would have to be done to fit a 1 1/2" track in? Do I have to go down to 7t drivers? Can studs still be ran? Just curious right now, Id rather run a 1.25 with studs but havent been able to find one without spending too much money!

·
Registered
10,028 Posts
Studs might fit but would be dangerously close I would have to guess. Just the track as Tallcool1 stated should be ok.
I would not go to 7 tooths. I think you will slip the drivers unless you went to extroverts with 1000cc.

·
Registered
10,028 Posts
That thing will look like Thunderstorm's sled when your done. The was one of the best looking sleds in my opinion I have ever seen to date.

Please keep up posted.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks! I'll keep updating the thread with the progress, and I'm sure I'll have a few questions along the way! I'm thinking about going with a green and purple color theme this time. My 98 is green and orange so this will be a nice contrast.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Get rid of the variable exhaust valve sticker, there are 01 & up wheels in the skid, handlebars have been changed.
I have been trying a purple theme but it doesn't look right.
pic included of green chrome windshield and bronze chrome with 01 wheels.
I use a 1" hacksaw with 1.075 studs on both T-Cats, works great.

Attachments

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Got the front suspension torn apart. How the hell are you supposed to get at the bolts for the front a arms? Got the hood off and the engine compartment ready to clean. Bumper off to get ready for the extension. The 136" skid torn apart and ready to send off to get powder coated.

Attachments

·
Registered
10,028 Posts
If the bolts holding in the A arms are stuck in I made a slide hammer with a bolt on the end and spot weld it to the end of A arm bolt to pull it out with. Hopefully you won't need to do this.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well I need to take the belly pan off anyway to change out the side panels.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Got the belly pans removed and the side panels removed. Got the A arms removed, wow was that a pain! They were a little stuck but I got them. Time to clean everything up! Looks like I might need a new belly pan though, has a nice big crack in it!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,904 Posts
A lot of work!! I hope to be doing the same to the 900 this summer to blast and paint the front frame.

I know I'm the voice of opposition here, but I really like that model better with the black side pans.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
WHAT!! Black side panels! I searched for a couple years to find these damn green ones! hahaha I dont mind the black except they seem to fade a little are hard to keep black. I really like the all green look, ever since I saw someones on here I had to find one and make my own!!

I do have a question though, what is the best gearing for this setup? I'm going to run 8 tooth anti ratchet drivers and wondering if I should re-gear it. Also do I need to change out the speedo adapter on the drive shaft as well?

·
Registered
10,028 Posts
You will have the correct gearing by going to the 8 tooths. Leave the stock gears and get speedo drive adapter part #0620-031.

1 - 20 of 148 Posts