Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have an issue. My sled won't start. It does run but I have too pr a bit of gas in the cylinders to stay it. Once started it runs idle fine but as soon as I shut it off it won't start back up. I have checked the cdi,charge coil both low and high timing sensor all come within specs but the ignition coil when I put the ohm meter to it, it starts at 19.9 ohns but drops to 12.3 ohms. I test it with the spark plugs and have a nice blue spark as well. It did jiggle the wiring a bit and it did start once without putting gas in the cylinders. Has anyone had this problem? Please need help.

·
Registered
9,467 Posts
Try cutting 1/2” off spark plug wires at caps. Sounds like you may have created a better temporary connection when removing wires off plugs.

·
Registered
218 Posts
So I have an issue. My sled won't start. It does run but I have too pr a bit of gas in the cylinders to stay it. Once started it runs idle fine but as soon as I shut it off it won't start back up. I have checked the cdi,charge coil both low and high timing sensor all come within specs but the ignition coil when I put the ohm meter to it, it starts at 19.9 ohns but drops to 12.3 ohms. I test it with the spark plugs and have a nice blue spark as well. It did jiggle the wiring a bit and it did start once without putting gas in the cylinders. Has anyone had this problem? Please need help.
Are you using the electric start or the pull start? My '99 Pantera starts easily with the pull, sometimes when you use the electric, you would swear the kill swtch is in the off position, even with a new battery!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts