Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i got home and realized that my snow flap was no longer there... i was wondering if i can keep riding with it off... will it affect the cooling system any???? any input it appreciated

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
I would put something on there before riding. As said above it protects any riders behind you. Not having one may cause overheating, it depends what kinda riding you do... if its trail then u have the possibility... the snow flap is made to trap snow under the sled and hit the exchangers. However if your always riding in deep snow and dont have a problem with snow hitting the exchangers then its not a problem. Why risk it, put one on before anymore riding.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (mopar4u @ Dec 20 2009, 07:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I would put something on there before riding. As said above it protects any riders behind you. Not having one may cause overheating, it depends what kinda riding you do... if its trail then u have the possibility... the snow flap is made to trap snow under the sled and hit the exchangers. However if your always riding in deep snow and dont have a problem with snow hitting the exchangers then its not a problem. Why risk it, put one on before anymore riding.[/b]
i will try to go look for it tomorrow if i can't find it i will prolly just not use one

·
Registered
21,410 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (mopar4u @ Dec 20 2009, 09:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I would put something on there before riding. As said above it protects any riders behind you. Not having one may cause overheating, it depends what kinda riding you do... if its trail then u have the possibility... the snow flap is made to trap snow under the sled and hit the exchangers. However if your always riding in deep snow and dont have a problem with snow hitting the exchangers then its not a problem. Why risk it, put one on before anymore riding.[/b]

And all this time I thought it was so the guy you passed knew what kind of sled it was! Cat happy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts