Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When riding out west in the Snowies, I gear down the top gear to 20/41, down 9.1% from the stock 22/41 in my 02' 600EFI (ZL SS).

I run a Black Magic trail clutch kit in the midwest.
Anybody tried leaving their sled geared down in the flatlands/ditch bangin'?

What was the effect for you?
Did you like it?

Did you have to tweak your clutch setup slightly?

Obviously one will loose top end, but thinking it may be better on the low end and when ditch bangin' one might never miss the top of the top end.

Your thoughts?

·
Registered
93 Posts
im running 19/40 in my zr 600, from the stock which was 20/39. Im running a D&D clutch kit and ide never change my gears back. I love them! The only time i am going to change the gears is for an annual poker run which is all groomed trails, but for the ditches i love the low gears. Say goodbye to gas mileage though. Im ski tip to ski tip with 2 f-7's, they leave my side at around 65-70mph tho.

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
I switched to a 19/41 gears on my 96 ZRT 600 for grass dragging and left it there. Rode it that way for 6 years. It worked great grass drags & winter trail riding. More than fast enough for this old man anyway. :beer_cheers: Most sleds are geared at 10% more than they can achieve for top speed.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jeff H @ Jan 25 2007, 10:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
arcticfamily and wimpycat....what pitch chain are you guys running with those gear sets??[/b]
With the 20/41, you can still run a 72 chain. That way you only need to find a smaller top gear. Drops the ratio 9.8%, a better ratio for out west.

19/41 on wimpycat "should" still be doable with a 72 chain (?)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts