Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
was wondering if anyone out there has a 2" lift on there quad. i was gonna build one the otherday and found that the stock axles were wat was holding me up but yet i have seen other posts and highlifter makes a 2"lift with out axles or anything like that so i was wondering if anyone has it and what they used for axles etc. thanx for input smokin cat

·
Premium Member
19,631 Posts
YOu can go with a 2" lift, but be wary of your axles breaking. When you increase the angle of those joints, it strains them more.

·
Registered
454 Posts
I have a two inch lift built by ODB. I have had it for over a year. Trail riding and mudbog competitions and I have not broke a axle yet. (knock on wood). You might contact ODB and ask him your questions maybe he could even build you one. The one he built me is a bolt on kit. He has a website for his lifts www.customatvofshreveport.com. You can email him thru that site.

·
Registered
116 Posts
All we did on the wife's 500 was add Highlifter springs and crank them up (felt the stock springs were way too soft). Just with that done, she was on a slow decline, a front tire caught the side and turned her tires to the left pretty hard...this broke her front left axle.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
w2ell i wanna do a 2" lift right now then next winter put in a 6" lift cause i hav e all the material and was just gonna space the shocks out from the a-arms on the fromt and then make a bracket to space them from the frame on the back but will the stock axles allw me to lift it 2" ????????

·
Registered
5,165 Posts
you can do 2" lift on the stock axles but it will max them out and the first time you get the fronts in a good bind it wil pop the CV,also the locker side axle will want to pull out of the diff. If you want a 2" lift you really need gorillas in the front....... imop

1 - 6 of 6 Posts