Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
2,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My daughters 18th birthday was this past weekend and
I couldn't make the East Jordan races.:happybday:

My buddy Rob (rocket900 on here) took our sled and raced it.

:catwinsIt came in 1st place in the mod 1000 class.Cat happyClapRockerdude

This sled is just a bunch of junk we had laying around.

The chassis, clutches and track are Robs,
The engine,electronics, carbs, pipes, hood, front shocks, skis and rear skid are mine.

So we built a race sled.....na na

We took it out last year for the 1st time out and we took 2nd place at infinity due to a bad start in the last race. It had a few issues that needed some attention and when it ran as good as it did, we figured a few good upgrades were needed.

Rob did a lot of work on it this past fall getting it dialed in. re-jeted it, still needs a few tweaks,
he put a new chiseled track with anti-ratchet drivers, pulling the old 95 zrt skid out and putting the 99 tcat TSL skid back in it.

Good work Rob making me look goodNot worthy:

Here is a few videos from infinity last year and some pics from East Jordan
They run 4 sleds in each heat top two advance and the other two are done for the day.

Attachments

·
Banned
2,947 Posts
Congrats to Mike...He got 1st! If I would have been serious I would have had my other set up on it and had it studded up like everyone else.....results would have been a bit different/better for me....but you never know what is going to show up. Some dude could pull in with a Hooper 1465 and put everyone to shame.

·
Banned
2,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sweet! Now you have a reason to give me the fighter pilot !!!!
Bring me some cash, everything I own is for sale for the right price.

Hell I would even get rid of my wife if I could find someone to take over the paymentsI dunno Just kidding, A good woman is hard to find, you need to hold on to those.Rockerdude

I live with fear everyday.... But she does let me go snowmobiling once in a while

·
Banned
2,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
He needs to get in touch with me over the summer
and I can put a tune up in it.Rockerdude

·
Premium Member
1,223 Posts
He needs all the help he can get LOL!!

I think he needs some clutching advice before a tune up.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Congrats on the winchflagwv:

·
Banned
2,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Did a little testing today after a few clutching changes.

·
Banned
2,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Good Job Mike now make my 99 zrt 800 run like that? can you suggest some upgrades?
O'yeah,
I bought a 99 ZRT 800 brand new in Nov of 98, what a turd that thing was out of the box. I figured I would just leave it alone and just ride on the first trip. I took it easy on it with the first tank of premix, then my buddy wanted to race me with Polaris XC 600 twin that had some work done to it, I got destroyed by at least 10 lengths in 660ftI dunno.
So I just let him have his moments and rag on my new sled.:Bangin:

I got home that Sunday early afternoon, threw the sled in the garage, I tore the top end off, re-jetted the carbs, changed all the clutching, put in a set of Vforce reeds, took a 1004 kit off the shelf I had from a previous tcat that I sold, and by 8 pm, I was ready to go, except for the PSI Modblasters I had to order on Monday.

Wednesday My Pipes rolled in and I was ready to do some testing.

Went back up the following weekend with the same buddy's.

Wasn't on the trail 10 minutes and here comes the XC 600
to kick my ass again, he thoughtna na.
So we went back over to where we had our home made "race track" that had a stick at each end to mark the distance.
and we raced again, It wasn't pretty, I beat him by almost 1/2 the 660' track lengthRockerdude

So yes I know these 99 ZRT 800's pretty good, I have all kinds of ideas for your sled, it just depends on how much you want to spend on itI dunno

Here is a pic of mine.
I crashed this one at over a 100 mph in a racing accident, the tunnel and bulkhead was destroyed from the end over end flips, but I made it out okay with a few bumps and bruises and was really sore for a couple daysClap
Here is a pic of my 99, purple of course

Attachments

·
Banned
2,947 Posts
HEY SNOW, What cylinders did you punch that out of? Mod pipes? Sounds like she spins a little higher thant he normal 8500-8800 or so most trail pipes spin at. I know you said you used 44 carbs on it.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts