Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,
I am currently at a loss. My situation is odd, I threw a wildcat engine into a prowler and so far it appears to be ok, except for the fact that if I add any throttle pressure, my sled starts to pitter out. After I release that pressure, its back to idling strong.... If I give it full throttle it kills the engine. However, it will start right back up first pull. Has anyone had this problem? I know that it is looking spark as I apply pressure, but I have no clue why.

What I have done:
Replaced the CDI - The snowmobile lost spark at some point after I pulled the engine. It worked before pulled and currently works with the new CDI.
Added a different set of coils - thought it may help
Tried a different harness - while fabricating the mounts, I cut a few wites. However, the engine still ran with this, it had lights, it turned on the low oil sensor, etc, so I hooked up the original wildcat harness where it connected to the engine, carbs, temp sensor, overflow for spark, anything except the lights and gauges and still had the problem emerge. I didn't find a ground wire though.

This problem emerges with and without the pipes on. If pictures would help, Lmk. The wildcat harness bypassed the key and tether since the tether was lost, however, the prowler chassis has no tether. The kill switch worked intermittently on the wildcat but no longer works on either harness.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update, I disconnected the wiring harness to see if the harness in general was the problem. To my surprise but excitement, that is the problem!

Currently I have just wired a switch to the CDI Box ground wire, the one going to the Coils, and it acts as a kill switch. I have it by the control area so it is a nice temporary fix.

That being said, does anyone have an idea on how to figure out what the problem is with my harness? Could it be a bad kill switch? Could it be the bypassed tether needs new wires? Maybe the key? Any thoughts or ideas are welcomed! The lights worked on the harness though if that means anything.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I replugged the harness back on and somehow the problem was fixed. It may have been the kill switch, but I don't know. It also may have been a short by those cut wires so ill be repairing that. Anyways though, it's all fixed!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts