Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im buying a 1999 ZRT 600 in a about a week or so, and a couple of my buddies have said. "It's a triple its gunna blow in about 2 or 3 years", is that true? Will it blow in 2 or 3 years. Please reply back.

·
Registered
256 Posts
they dont know what they are talking about. It will last as long as you want it to lol. Most people that dont know how to mantain there stuff say triples blow up. It will be alright as long as you keep it mantained and dont beat the hell out of it, shell be mint. =) ride on!

·
Premium Member
8,589 Posts
I've had my 99 zrt600 since new and it's still running strong. it just likes it's gas stations. the only problem I've had is the primary clutch went to toast other than that its been a great sled.

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
Just the fact that it is a triple does not make it more prone to blowing up. Infact the baby ZeRT is one of cats more reliable motors IMO. I have seen many put on some high mileage and no engine problems, well except for the odd water pump leak. I also had to replace the primary clutch on my 99 ZRT 600, just look at the clutch sheves for signs of small cracks towards the center.
Now saying it will blow in 2 or 3 years, thats hard to say. Alot depends on mileage, maintence, and riding style.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I just sold my 96 zrt 600 last year with 200 miles on a nos engine when i had it the odometer said 1051. one owner before me meticulously maintained and always was a screamer. it's still screamin away somewhere out in ND now .so have no fear take care of it warm it up right and smoke them polaris's for years

·
Registered
780 Posts
How many miles on that sled? If you are seeing cracks on the primary sheaves/spider; time to replace - don't chance that thing flying apart and injuring somebody. And yes, if you are seeing cracks, you are probably going to have a bunch of driveability issues.

·
Registered
12 Posts
My 2000 zrt has 8400 miles and the motor has never been touched, when the shop did the carbs this fall they said it was good fto go for at least another season!! I use arctic cat oil and fog it in the spring and use good quality gas.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts