Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My primary clutch locked up last night and I took it to the dealer to look at. The short version: I need a new primary clutch. I also need to contact D&D and get new cam arms to replace the almost brand new ones that got destroyed with the clutch.

I had a hard time searching for info and most of it seems to be pretty scattered.

My quesiton: I need to locate a new clutch and remember a recent discussion about the possiblity of using a newer 6-tower clutch to replace my 9-tower. Is it a bolt-on job? Do i need the 9-tower bolt, the 6-tower bolt, or somethign different?

I gather that my 500 has the 30mm taper. I also see that the 800s and 900s have a 33mm taper. How about the firecats? Is the F5 and F7 the same taper? I've found a few next to new clutches on ebay and need to know what I can use.

If anyone has a clutch laying around for sale let me know!!

My wife is goign to kill me.......again......

Joe

·
Registered
780 Posts
I purchased one of these for my 1999 ZR 440 Sno-Pro. They are very nice, new, and relatively inexpensive for a new clutch.

They are a 30mm snout taper.

LINK--> http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...282231&rd=1

Edit: These are of the 9 tower variety, a 6 tower would work as well.

·
Premium Member
2,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I called the Ken's Sports people. You are right- great people. I discussed the 6 post vs 9 post with them and the updated 6 post is stronger with more roller bearing surface area for less wear on cams.
Thanks guys!
Joe

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.