Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at buying a 99 zr 500 efi liquid with 2100 miles, or a 99 that is carbed liquid with 1750 miles , is the 500 of that year reliable or should I run for the hills. Any advice or experiences would be very helpful.

·
5,963 Posts
We had a 99 zr 600 carb that was fine, A pig on gas though (as expected).

I have a 500 carbed motor in my sno pro and when set up right it runs good. Keep it stock and maitain it and it should be fine. Pretty good motors. Make sure you check the recoil housing as they always seem to be loose. I have seen 3 or 4 now that were loose and egged out the holes.

·
Administrator
8,068 Posts
In 99 the Zr's were all bullet proof, engine and chassis wise-all of them. Not good on gas though.
With any sled of that age expect fuel line changes, carb cleanings. efi cleanings, chain and sprocket replaced-----It's an old sled give it the once over very carefully.
The sled is as only good as the previous owners maintanance, period.

·
Registered
357 Posts
EFI hands down.Good mill either way... proven platform if not abused and strong performer in the 500 class.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.