Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The old PS 700 is returned to its natural environment: the Dolomites!
I buy the sled was blocked for two years, locked brake and rear suspension system oxidized, the engine sounds good with a mileage of 3500, but the hood has all the paint corrugated and wrinkled

Work done with the help of “rookie pilot” Ario my 14 year old son in our home near Venice in summer and autumn:

Complete disassembly of the rear assembly and its axles, wheels and rails, cleaning, lubrication and reassembly: replace bronze bushings (remade in brass by craftsman lathe) I changed a lot of oxidized bolts, nuts and screws with INOX type.
Front and rear shock absorbers: fully functional, clean and repainted as other parts of zinc and zinc-gold + shiny transparent;
Rear springs: rust removed and glossy black anti-rust treatment;
Front springs: same with green Arctic-Cat paint ;
Restoration, repainting and greasing of the following parts:
Front suspension arms, spindles, steering arms, Skis and relative plates (bolts replaced with stainless steel type)
Wilwood Brake: idraulic caliper complete disassembly and cleaning, rust removed and rustproofing shiny red high temperature, cleaning the disc with scotch brite and abrasive, anti-rust treatment and high-temperature aluminum paint including all the holes, replace and bleed brake fluid (Castrol Dot4) reassembly;
Removing exhaust assembly, rust removed and repainted expansion and silencer with high temperature black paint including muffler expansion in aluminium paint.
Saddle: Replacement Velcro tape in back pocket opening and mending, cleaning and polishing original vinile.
Clutch Primary massette disassembly and reconstruction bushings temporarily with carbon tubes, (I already bought the complete original kit), complete cleaning and reassembly, scotch brite polishing;
secondary clutch: Replaced the damaged ROLLER-PLATE, thorough cleaning (scotch brite) and reassembly;
HOOD: I removed all the stickers still good but I had to completely remove old paint, I choose to vinyl-wrapping with Hexis White Pearl much like the original color (done partially) re-painted masks drilled;
Headlight and tail light, instrument panel and wiring: Cleaning and restoration.
Porters aluminum repainted in black;
Tunnel: polishing and shiny (done partially out by to complete)

Carburetors and oil injection:
test for pumps, circuits by oil and gasoline, cleaning carburetor and intake silencer, suction filter replacement with "PoliniTM filter for race motorbike"
Replacement of many fuel lines and repair carburators BOOT connection-silencer.
Replacement of 1/2 liter of special antifreeze for the cooling circuit.
Track cleaning, rust removal and zinc metal plates
After much work, the engine is started with two shots and the sled is running fast to the snow near my house-dolomites for the happiness of myself and Ario!
Waiting for the summer to complete the aesthetic details of hood, decals, etc. and publish more photos , meanwhile learn how to drive!

Attachments

·
Registered
566 Posts
Welcome to the forum!!
Sounds like you've done a lot to the sled so far, you'll love riding it. It's a fun sled and a pretty cool father son project.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Snow-Caps for car

Thanks for the compliments, there is still a lot of work to do but we have suspended when the snow came ...

On Celica I put the snow-socks even if it has 4 winter tires (Nokian WR A3) when the road is white, the result is impressive with 10-15 cm of fresh snow: you can go a lot faster and safer, stop and start uphill. The night I put the first time I did not believe it either.
In Italy are NOT approved because they spoil if you do not take off when there is no snow on the road but for me are unsurpassed combined with winter tires and put them in just 3 minutes. They also cost only 30 € (about $ 40)!

·
Registered
566 Posts
I've never heard of snow-socks before, never seen anything like it around here. Might be because there is a huge infrastructure setup for removing snow from the roads as soon as possible.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts