Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I own a 1999 powder special the sled keeps over heating after about a hour ride and I have take the thermostat out, and check to see if the tunnel is plugged. I was just wondering of you guy might know what else could be wrong with it is was thinking it could the the water pump but I am not sure how to check if that is what is wrong with it? Thank in advance for the help.

·
Premium Member
3,234 Posts
1 put thermo stat back in, or at least knock the center out.
you need to have some flow restriction for the coolant to absorb the heat from the engine.
then it needs to move to the coolers to cool it off.
2 try to burp the coolant out of the system.
top off the coolant after 9have bottle 1/2 full) you put in new tstat or center removed t stat.
then raise front of sled 1-2 feet and run engine till it warms up.
see if you have an air pocket that burps out.

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
Check and make sure the wire is well seated on the coolant temp sensor. I've had a loose connector on the sensor light the dash light and have me all concerned for nothing with a properly operating cooling system, just a poor electrical connection. The system is very simple and I would think that if it took an hour of riding to turn on the warning light, then it could either be a failing electrical connection, or poor snow conditions not throwing enough snow on the coolers, or something like that. I'd think that if the cooling system is not functioning, it would over heat much sooner than one hour of riding.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts