Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good day gents, troubleshooting has lead me to low compression due to seal leakage. Never rebuilt a 2 stroke, lots of 4 stroke car engines. Question is do I need to split the lower case to change crank end seals. Everything else in the bottom is tight. Thanks . 1999 zr500 carb

·
Registered
141 Posts
you know that the seals dont cause low comp, they cause an leak yes. but if you have low comp its not just because seals are leaking. compression happens from piston up basically your rings are likely worn but without seeing the inside you dont really know. cranks seals will cause it to suck air and cause a lean condition which will burn pistons. but yes you need to split the case

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok thanks I'm going to pull it apart this spring anyways. It was running great one day and the next I had to full choke plus some throttle to run. I figured a seal died as compression in a 4 stroke gives signs as it drops.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.