Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cleaned carburetor and all ports and jets, checked float and needle operation, all fine. It will start right up with starting fluid, run with throttle responsive for about 10 seconds then sputters and dies, longer than what the starting fluid would last. Shot of starter fluid and it starts right up but runs and quits right away. Is there a low oil or low oil pressure switch that could be shutting it down? Maybe an electronic shutdown. Machine ran good last season so I am stumped. Any help would be appreciated as I don't want to scrap machine for what I think should be a minor problem, it is perfect for my needs. Anyone I have talked to here finds this a head scratcher.Thanks

·
Administrator
37,300 Posts
Have you checked the fuel switch for good flow?

·
Administrator
37,300 Posts
Is your float adjusted properly? Have you tested it to make sure it floats? ( bowl of water)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cleaned carburetor and all ports and jets, checked float and needle operation, all fine. It will start right up with starting fluid, run with throttle responsive for about 10 seconds then sputters and dies, longer than what the starting fluid would last. Shot of starter fluid and it starts right up but runs and quits right away. Is there a low oil or low oil pressure switch that could be shutting it down? Maybe an electronic shutdown. Machine ran good last season so I am stumped. Any help would be appreciated as I don't want to scrap machine for what I think should be a minor problem, it is perfect for my needs. Anyone I have talked to here finds this a head scratcher.Thanks
I am using a seperate clear tank as a test so can see the gas being used,
And guess what, it was a dawn soap bottle that I could watch the gas going into the carb. Only problem, I didn't drill a hole in the bottle so it had no venting and the carb would run dry, be pulling a vacuum and then would stop. Me so brillant!!! Thanks to everyone who replied, maybe my dumb mistake might help other people??

1 - 5 of 5 Posts