Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is kind of a shot in the dark but I just replaced the pistons in my 1998 zr 500 and one of the pistons is still in decent shape... I also have a 1988 el tigre 6000 (520) that needs only one piston replaced, the clutch side piston. (this el tigre is obviously old so I dont want to put much if any money in it just want to get it running for fun)

So my question is.. Would I be able to just put the old piston from my zr 500 into the el tigre?

any info would be great! thanks

·
Super Moderator
8,316 Posts
I know this is kind of a shot in the dark but I just replaced the pistons in my 1998 zr 500 and one of the pistons is still in decent shape... I also have a 1988 el tigre 6000 (520) that needs only one piston replaced, the clutch side piston. (this el tigre is obviously old so I dont want to put much if any money in it just want to get it running for fun)

So my question is.. Would I be able to just put the old piston from my zr 500 into the el tigre?

any info would be great! thanks

no. they will be different. The 6000 runs a larger 530cc engine. Order a spi piston. They are cheap. Do both sides.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts