Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a 98 zr 600 efi limited edition out riding it around ran beautiful, then she stalls out, tow it back to the house, I’ve pulled the fuel line off the rail on the right hand side has fuel pouring out I’ve disconnected the kill switch checked the stator my results are brown/green Blaine said 450 I have 430, brown/black Blaine said 495 I have 475 and green/black Blaine said 45 I have 40 I’ve checked my spark plugs they have bright blue spark and they are new replaced after this happened compression checked both cylinders both are almost hitting 120, I should add that the gauge leaks off could be my gauge haven’t checked it on anything else yet, not real familiar with efi any help would greatly be appreciated thanks

·
Registered
27 Posts
You should check back with Blaine or try to get Ahold of kev on here on those stator ohms to see if what you have is an acceptable reading. Stators can be tricky and they are the guys to talk to. Sounds like you have the basics spark, fuel and compression so you might be looking at a bad cdi box.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I’ll have to get with those guys thinking maybe the fuel pump may have taken a crap

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Alright so a little update, I’ve done some more research and digging like I said if your sitting on the sled I looking at the engine I pulled off the right hand hose and it pours fuel out stick it back on pull the left hand hose I get nothing even when pulling the engine over found the fuel pump plug disconnected it put the multi meter on it and it reads nothing on the pump side of the plug was going to hook up a 12 volt battery but didn’t have anything available at the time will be checking out tonight, sounds like the fuel pump took a crap

1 - 4 of 4 Posts