Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi i'm new to arctic cat sleds. love to snowmobile but not rich. i got a good deal on a zr 600 efi le with 3200 miles on the clock. love the sled put 300 miles on it the last two days ran great untill today. my problem is it will get up and go great untill 40 mph thats it won't go more??????????????????? it happened right after long run of high speed i stopped shut it off had a cig. started it up and no go after 40 mph. looked through your forums didn't see any thing on this sounds like a bunch of smart cat owners here can anybody help??????????????? thanks

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for fast reply. if i pin it from stand still it runs normal shifts good but just stops at 40 did not look at tach at 40 i'll have to go out and see. should be able to get back with answer in about 1/2 hour have to run kids to school. hope it can be fix easy guys are calling to ride already might have to use the exciter. hope not my back can't take the ride of it anymore.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sled runs great up to 40 mph then tach. stays at 7000 speed does go up in a 1 mile run it hit 55 mph. compression is good, new belt, good spark, new plugs, good fuel pressure?????????? it don't make sense. i went over this sled good. need help!

·
Registered
246 Posts
deffinately a clutch problem IMO... make sure the cam arms dont have flat spots or bumps

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well tore down clutches. arms move free and no flats on them but one roller has a flat on it about 1/8 inch wide spring good. would this one roll with that small of a flat be the whole problem? it seems to me if the roll spins it should not hit the same spot every time and should go faster than 40 at some time shouldn't it? i will have it replaced but i find it hard to say that is the problem. you think it would still ride up on two or hit different spot on the one 1/8 inch ain't that much? by the way rollers do spin nice and smooth. thanks for you input helps alot!

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
It could be a clutching issue which is caused by the motor mounts on them. Theres a rear mount near the throttle bodies its like a stopper they come loose or break on the 600's. That will cause weird stuff like your saying. Like Cnote stated a broken spring will cause it to act like that. You said a roller bad in the clutch that could hang it up. If its not in the clutching it sounds like the stator. Think theres a low and High end stator on that dont remember. One will flake out or go all together. If the low is out the thing will not go up to about 50 MPH hardly then it will go. The High end of it which sounds like your problem is they will go like hell up to 50 then die out just hang there. Maybe someone else knows more on how to check the stator if its not in the clutches.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
To check the stator I think if you type in on youtube how to check a arctic cat stator they'll walk you through it. You need a volt meter to check it. Some many ohms between colored wires.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
if you didnt have fuel pressure the thing wouldnt even start hardly. does it start hard?? I would point to the stator before I would with the fuel pump. Cats fuel pumps are pretty good never really heard of a fuel pump goin on one. Stators now they all failed.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i'll check stator. i don't think it's fuel it always starts on second pull. it just takes off and goes to good to be fuel no stumbling. clutch springs are good secondary shifts smooth and runs out good we did swap secondary with a buddy of mine it worked great. can't talk him in to trying primary? thanks again for the help. i'll post stator results i should have time to check it in the morning.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
forgot to add that the high torque bump stop was broke when i bought the sled i did put a new one on before i rode the sled.

·
Registered
31 Posts
my 600 efi was kinda doing the same but mine was at 75mph then the next run 65mph i did a ohm test on the injecters 1 was 3.5 ohm's and the other .5 ohm's checked everything else ..how many ohm's does an injecter suppose to put out ? cant find that info anywhere..im new to arctic cat sleds and efi

1 - 20 of 23 Posts