Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if I can use Automatic Transmission Fluid in the crankcase?? I've heard of people doing this. Also, the sled has 3000 miles on it and I'm wondering when the top end should be done. It has 120lbs compression in both cylinders. thanks.

·
Registered
6,674 Posts
Some people use tranny fluid in their chaincase, but never put it in your crankcase. Maybe that was a typo? :) Not sure how you'd even get it in there. As for top end I'd run it another 2000 miles before I even consider top end replacement unless you're having a problem. 120 sounds a little low but still fine. Did you hold throttle open and pull over at least 5 times?

·
Registered
262 Posts
.....y would you put tranny fluid in your crankcase?? thats what the injection is for, you can put it in your chain case tho.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
oops sorry guys that was a typo. yeah i meant the chaincase. I held the throttle wide open too. sled runs perfect, i was just wondering if i should worry about anything. thanks for the posts.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hey ZRlover, did that D D clutch kit make a huge difference on your zr 500?? i want to get one and i'm not sure what kind to get.

·
Registered
262 Posts
an amazing difference its got alot more snap to it and it pulls pretty good through all of the pawerband, only down side is that it can be tough trail riding it because it kicks in at 5200 but once you get used to it , for me anyways it was a night and day difference

1 - 6 of 6 Posts