Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i have a 98 zl 440 ,I got the motor in and running, then I realized that I couldn't shut it off, the motors were supposedly 1998s but they are pre 97s, I also took the 440s stator off to see if it would bolt up to the 580 but that was a big no go. So now I'm searching for a open circuit stator that's not efi. I know I could change the wiring harness and kill switch and key switch and the coil and cdi and the voltage regulator, but i rather not. So if anyone knows what stator would work, please let me know. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
8,702 Posts
So i have a 98 zl 440 ,I got the motor in and running, then I realized that I couldn't shut it off, the motors were supposedly 1998s but they are pre 97s, I also took the 440s stator off to see if it would bolt up to the 580 but that was a big no go. So now I'm searching for a open circuit stator that's not efi. I know I could change the wiring harness and kill switch and key switch and the coil and cdi and the voltage regulator, but i rather not. So if anyone knows what stator would work, please let me know. Thanks
You won’t find one. The 580s they used in late 90s on the zl were efi. Maybe a 99 zr700 electrical system but who knows but it’s a crap shoot at this point

1 - 2 of 2 Posts