Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
I was just looking for some insight about the exhaust valves on a 1998 ZR Sno Pro,It was running fine the other day but this morning when I went to go for a ride it doesn't want to pull peak RPM. I thought that the valves might be sticky so I cleaned them, I also cleaned the clutches just to make sure it wasn't a clutching issue. It seamed to make some difference but I don't really think that the problem is completely gone. I'm not sure how to describe what exactly what it is doing but,I would say that it is NOT a bog but more of a flutter at about 7,500-8,000 RPM,It's almost like it is missing but I'm pretty sure it is running on both cylinders,it runs flawlessly on the bottom end and in the mid-range, just on the top end that there is a problem. Any and all input would be great. Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Same things happening to me with our 2001. it runs good low and mid but as soon as i put the throttle past half way it wont go. doesnt get past 7500 revs

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep,same thing here. I'm not sure if it a power valve issue or what? It seems to kinda come and go,sometimes to is worse then others. Let me know if you figure it out. Thanks.

·
Registered
151 Posts
My 98 when cold runs fine but after riding it for a mile or so does the same thing. I have been playing with the jetting all day but not much better

1 - 5 of 5 Posts