Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i douno what is going on with it the tach book gaves out what lot of it could be but i know it isn't not gettin gas to the carb because when i get t runnin it can run for a long time. To get it started i turn the key and hit the starter putton and it well turn over and over and over and over and even ues the choke then turn it off nothing and soon as i hit the thottle or pump it after a little bit it well take off and run for ever intell i am done with it for a day then try i again tomrrow same thing but yet there is some days it well start right up i toke it to the dealer they said it starts right up every time so i douno if if values nothing has been thouch on the motor just oil change and i change oil i change the fronth an rear end oil to and just got done change the anti-freeze in it and ues john deere anti-freeze pre mix 50/50 and i change the plug about i am guessin year ago or 2 i am not sure. Any ideas what it could be ?

Just a Tip : for ones that have manual brake and the rear brake padel keeps stayin on and leave your brake light on here is a Tip: find a nice strong short spring to hold it up and it well spring back up every time you ues it i ues a John deere 4020 powershift spring works great every time -> if you like to see a pictuer of this tip let me know i well take a pictuer of it and out it on My Albums

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
sorry about that on some of the miss spell words i am new and trying to get this removed it does get gas to the carb but stall having the same trobble i am just tellin ya about what i do to it every year on the 500 so if any one have any idea about why it is a hard start or help how to add new ones or delete ones like this one let me know ok thank you

·
Premium Member
1,006 Posts
Not familiar with the 98's at all - is there a primer on the carb somewhere though? I know if mine sits a long time, a couple taps on the primer lever and wham-o starts right up.

Someone else will be along I'm sure that will be more familiar with your bike.

Good luck!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your help it does have a primer on it but i never uesd it but wouldn't that be about the same as a choke thanks for the help though if ya need any help let me know ok. I kind woulder does any one have that of kind of a atv i mean mind is 9 years old.

But any ways on your 500 how do you like your auto and do you have any trobble with the belt when it is wet trying to go i am not a fan with auto for all the trobble i haer around here so that is why i order new a manual

·
Premium Member
1,006 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Chris500 @ Jan 21 2007, 03:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
But any ways on your 500 how do you like your auto and do you have any trobble with the belt when it is wet trying to go i am not a fan with auto for all the trobble i haer around here so that is why i order new a manual[/b]
Well it's not too easy to get the belt wet in the first place, but it does happen occasionally if you ride like us. There is a plug in the bottom, if you think you have water, open it up - let it drain, then put it in neutral and rev it up a little to "blow" the water out. Everyone has there own opinions but I think the auto works great, glad I'm not shifting all the time and this is coming from a guy that has actually blown one belt. I've only ever heard of 2 500 cats blowing a belt and my bike is one of them ... I must be pretty special eh?

My brother just bought the same bike in an 07 - if I didn't have faith in it and like the auto I would have told him to buy a manual.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
oh well thanks i guess from around here we have alot trobble with autos and yet i have a manual and you can put it in 1st gaer to pull haevy loads but i have tryed a yamaha auto pullin a grain wagon and it was in low gaer and had a hard time pullin the wagon but any ways thanks and if you have any trobble let me know ok thanks

·
Premium Member
1,006 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Chris500 @ Jan 21 2007, 08:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
oh well thanks i guess from around here we have alot trobble with autos and yet i have a manual and you can put it in 1st gaer to pull haevy loads but i have tryed a yamaha auto pullin a grain wagon and it was in low gaer and had a hard time pullin the wagon but any ways thanks and if you have any trobble let me know ok thanks[/b]
Well I'm not so sure I'd want to try towing a grain wagon with mine either... I don't work it that hard, I pull some wood on a small trailer. I think a manual would be much better for those applications! :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
Try a new plug and clean the carb see what happens then. If you are not getting gas to start it the primer will do it for you.

WC

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.