Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought the 4wheeler and replaced the clutch drum shoes on my arctic cat and it fixed one of my problems but now my problem is I cant go over half throttle in any gear it just kinda bogs almost but it still drives it just makes a worse noise over half throttle. Almost like a rev limiter or governor.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I recently bought the 4wheeler and replaced the clutch drum shoes on my arctic cat and it fixed one of my problems but now my problem is I cant go over half throttle in any gear it just kinda bogs almost but it still drives it just makes a worse noise over half throttle. Almost like a rev limiter or governor.
Also 5th gear wont go over 26mph

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Manual,4x4, I have cleaned the carb so I don't think that's the problem it may be something clutch related. So far I have no clue. Any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Administrator
7,599 Posts
There is a diaphragm on the top side of the carb, if it isn't seated perfectly, you'll only get about 1/4 throttle. They are a bugger to get in perfectly. If it leaks air, it wont go up even though your throttle lever is pinned.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There is a diaphragm on the top side of the carb, if it isn't seated perfectly, you'll only get about 1/4 throttle. They are a bugger to get in perfectly. If it leaks air, it wont go up even though your throttle lever is pinned.
Gonna go check this in a lil bit and see because that sounds like the problem, but would it idle right if this was the problem and rev fine in neutral?

·
Administrator
7,599 Posts
yes

·
Administrator
7,599 Posts
It very tricky. It looks like its in place but it isnt. Some people toss the diaphragm in the freezer to shrink it. I get all 4 screws started and then push up on the slide, wiggle the top from side to side a little then tighten the screws. The gap should be equal all the way around.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Okay, after doing more searching it definitely sounds like that's what it could be. I'm probably gonna take the whole carb apart and try to deep clean it. If that dont work I'll probably buy a new carb to test it and if that fails I will send the new carb back and start looking somewhere else

1 - 10 of 10 Posts