Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I have an Arctic Cat 4x4 500cc ATV. It's either a 1998 or 1999, I don't really remember. When I bought it I received with it a handful of regular maintenance parts (spark plugs, oil filters, and 2 or 3 air filters). Anyway, those parts are now gone and I'm not sure where to get new ones. I need to change the oil, replace the filter, and replace the spark plug. The closest A/C dealer is over 100 miles away so it's not really an option to get OEM parts. I was wondering if there are any common filters and plugs that will also fit this model - something I could pick up at walmart, NAPA, or AutoZone or something similar.

Let me just list my questions to make it easier to understand what I need to know:

Is there any difference between the 1998 and 1999 oil filters and/or spark plugs?

Does K&N or any other major brand make an oil filter that will fit these models?

Same for above, only for the spark plug?

Thanks in advance. Any help is greatly appreciated!

-Kijáno

·
Premium Member
4,517 Posts
That engine is made by suzuki so a suzuki dealer is another possibility. Since I hate paying dealer mark ups I buy all my stuff at the local autoparts places or online if I have too. The oil filter probably could be found at any auto parts place, napa, wix, fram etc all make a filter for your bike. I would check on getting a UNI air filter. Much cheaper than a K&N.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I appreciate your reply.

I'm still not sure what exactly I'm supposed to be looking for. Should I just walk up and say "I need an oil filter for a 1998 or 1999 500cc Suzuki Single Cylinder engine"? I mean, like...what am I looking for, in particular?

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
Take your old filter and plugs in so they can cross reference for a new one. Find any power sports store and order your UNI air filter along with the oil and cleaner. I ordered mine from a Honda dealer.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I don't know if it is different in the states but up here in Canada Napa has their own website for looking up parts. And yes they do have quad filters on there. I just checked and it says a NGF 1359. Double check with your counterman but should be good for 99. As for a spark plug I usually check on NGK website because they will give you options for iridiums plugs if they are available as well. Good luck

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
The vin number should tell you the year. Can't remember the exact first few letter or numbers but think it would be something like 4UATV98 or 4UATV99 the first two numbers after the ATV is the model year. that is the way it is on the newer ones many the 98's and 99's also

1 - 7 of 7 Posts