Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone i picked up a used zrt 600 getting it put back together after the person supposedly cleaned the carbs which they looked cleaned... so after i fixed the no spark problem (TSS) I am having throttle problems and narrowed it down to the cable going from the black box to the carb. its grinding so im assuming that there is probably a frayed cable inside it...... so my question is will a newer throttle cable like 99-2000 work on my sled?? they are alot easier to find let alone alot cheaper..

thanks

·
Registered
9,770 Posts
hey everyone i picked up a used zrt 600 getting it put back together after the person supposedly cleaned the carbs which they looked cleaned... so after i fixed the no spark problem (TSS) I am having throttle problems and narrowed it down to the cable going from the black box to the carb. its grinding so im assuming that there is probably a frayed cable inside it...... so my question is will a newer throttle cable like 99-2000 work on my sled?? they are alot easier to find let alone alot cheaper..

thanks
You didn't say what year you have so I took a guess at a 96. They list them as a different part number so I would think somehow its different. Maybe someone else will chime in as to why.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its in the title. I have a 97. But yeah was just curious is all. Not wanting to spend 110 bucks i think it is unless i absolutly have to

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,770 Posts
Duh, ya, it does say 97. Sorry. The 2000 does have round slides. Couldn't tell ya the difference though. If it were me, I would get an aftermarket or good used one from a salvage yard.

·
Registered
9,770 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thats what i was looking at but wasnt sure if it would work because its for sleds newer than mine.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,917 Posts
i have one off of a 1998
i will never use it.
real nice shape
came from a sled we parted out in 2001
you can have it
just pay for shipping

·
Premium Member