Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HELP? DOES ANY ONE KNOW OF AN AFTERMARKET CDI BOX OR ONE THAT WILL WORK FOR A 1997 ZRT 600. WILL NOT RUN. HAVE CHANGED GAS AND CLEANED CARBS. WILL BACK FIRE THROUGH THE EXAUST WITH A LOUD BANG. WAS RUNNING FINE UNTIL IT JUST QUIT. THE SPARK IS THERE JUST NOT VERY HOT. OR IS THERE SOMTHING ELSE WRONG. YOUR GUYS HELP IS MUCH APPRICIATED.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
PLUG WIRES ARE GOOD NEW PLUGS. BUT I FORGOT TO MENTION THAT THE BOLT THAT GROUND THE WIRES CAME OUT. COULD THAT HAVE FRIED THE CDI BOX? PUT IN NEW BOLT AND STILL THE SAME
THANKS

·
Registered
349 Posts
New plugs can still be an issue. Have you done a compression test? Contact Kev on here. He can point you in the direction for testing stators if you think thats it. Are the plugs wet or dry?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I HAVE DONE A COMPRESSION TEST AND THEY ARE ALL 100. COULD IT BE THE THROTTLE SENSOR. I HAVE HEARD THAT SOMETIMES THAT CAN CAUSE INTERMITENT SPARK
THANKS

·
Registered
6,671 Posts
Put a jumper across the 2 NON yellow wires on the 4 prong connector coming off your stator, and check for spark. This bypasses all your switches. The ground needs to be good on this system for spark.

Resistance readings off the other stator connector should be about 20 ohms from green black and 450 ohms from green to white.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts